River Ranch Arena offers a unique program designed for individuals or families looking to enter the horse world. The following list will best describe the advantages of leasing verses purchasing a horse. Remember, if you fall in love with your leased horse, you can always purchase it.
Advantages Of Horse Leasing Vs Purchasing
- No out of pocket cash to lease vs. buying.
- No need to purchase saddle/tack equipment.
- No trailering or transport fees.
- Ability to start out with Level #1 and advance.
- Ability to upgrade/downgrade with skill level.
- No veterinarian bills or loss if injured, sick or lame.
- Short-term commitment if interest fades.
- No pre-purchase veterinarian Exam fees.
- Same monthly expense as horse boarding.
- Ability to take horse off-site to shows and rides.
- Avoids the resale hassle if interest changes.
- Eliminates fear of buying a “problem” horse.